Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) Overview
Northeastern University’s Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program gives undergrads from a non-nursing background the opportunity to fast-track into the profession. So whether you hold a bachelor’s degree in advertising, psychology, or anything in between, our ABSN program makes it possible for you to earn a quality BSN degree from a top-ranking university in as few as 16 months.
How Our ABSN Program Works
Over the span of four, full-time semesters, our ABSN program facilitates your progress from basic to advanced nursing competence via three distinct learning components.
- Online courses teach the fundamentals and theories of the nursing profession, from health assessment to drug therapy to ethical practice.
- Nursing labs teach the safe, effective application of core skills, from wound care to intravenous therapy, within a realistic, risk-free clinical setting.
- Clinical rotations at top healthcare facilities provide real-world nursing experience in diverse areas of practice, from adult care to community health.
Together, these three learning components prepare you to sit for the NCLEX-RN® licensure exam with confidence and enter the workforce as a practice-ready nurse who can:
- Provide competent, compassionate care to diverse patient populations.
- Deliver care that meets the unique faith and cultural needs of patients.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professions to improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate clinical judgment within best evidence-based practice.
- Apply leadership skills in the provision of patient-centered care.