Northeastern’s Online Accelerated BSN Admissions
While our admissions criteria vary by each specific program, we seek applicants who possess the dedication and academic potential necessary to succeed in our nursing school.
The first step of the accelerated BSN admissions process with any of our nursing programs is to speak with someone on our admissions team.
From there, we will assign you a dedicated admissions counselor who will answer all of your questions and support you throughout the application and admissions processes. You won’t have to figure it out alone.
During the first meeting with your counselor, they’ll ask you about your reasons for wanting to become a nurse, review your academic transcript(s) and discuss the eligibility requirements for our nursing programs.
Your accelerated BSN admissions counselor will help you:
- Assess your education goals and determine your enrollment eligibility.
- Develop a plan for you to complete prerequisites and any other outstanding admissions requirements, with your preferred start date in mind.
- Submit the most competitive application possible to our School of Nursing.
Schedule an appointment with an admissions counselor today.
Admissions for the Accelerated BSN
To enroll in the Accelerated BSN program, you are required to:
- Have a minimum of 62 non-nursing college credits (eligible for the Charlotte campus only) or a non-nursing bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (eligible for both Charlotte and Boston campuses)
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, regardless of prior education level
- Complete each prerequisite course with a “C” grade or higher.
- Complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if necessary, with a 100 score
- Get your transcript evaluated by World Education Services (wes.org) if your degree or college credits were obtained outside the United States.
- Meet the university’s technical standards for safe, effective nursing care.