Northeastern ABSN Requirements for Admission
Northeastern’s Accelerated BSN program, which blends online coursework and hands-on learning, has start dates in January, May and September, with applications typically due two months before the first day of class.
ABSN Eligibility Requirements
- A non-nursing bachelor’s degree or at least 62 college credits from an accredited institution
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, regardless of prior education level
- Prerequisite course completion with a “C” grade or higher
- Ability to meet all university technical standards, download the PDF here.
- A personal statement
- A video essay
- 3 letters of recommendation
ABSN Admissions Criteria
If you meet the ABSN requirements for our ABSN program, you are required to complete the following tasks as part of the admissions process:
- Write a goal statement describing your nursing interests and future career plans.
- Film a short admissions video to accompany your goal statement.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from academic and professional references.
- Send us an updated resume.
About Your Admissions Video
Your admissions video does not need to be professionally produced — it can be as easy as using the video function on your smartphone. Your admissions video must:
- Be at least two minutes long.
- Have suitable lighting.
- Show your face at all times.
- Answer the question: What makes you a good candidate for the Northeastern ABSN program?
- Be posted to YouTube, with the hyperlink listed in your goal statement.