Accelerated BSN Program Admission Requirements
Northeastern’s Accelerated BSN program, which blends online coursework and hands-on learning, has start dates in January, May and September, with applications typically due two months before the first day of class.
ABSN Eligibility Requirements
- A non-nursing bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Prerequisite course completion with a “C” grade or higher
- Ability to meet all university technical standards, download the PDF here.
- A personal statement
- A video essay
- 3 letters of recommendation
ABSN Admissions Criteria
If you meet the eligibility requirements for our ABSN program, you are required to complete the following tasks as part of the admissions process:
- Write a goal statement describing your nursing interests and future career plans.
- Film a short admissions video to accompany your goal statement.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from academic and professional references.
- Send us an updated resume.
About Your Admissions Video
Your admissions video does not need to be professionally produced—it can be as easy as using the video function on your smartphone. Your admissions video must:
- Be at least two minutes long.
- Have suitable lighting.
- Show your face at all times.
- Answer the question: What makes you a good candidate for the Northeastern ABSN program?
- Be posted to YouTube, with the hyperlink listed in your goal statement.