Online Accelerated BSN Program
An online accelerated nursing education is just as demanding as an on-campus format. You are required to complete the same course curriculum within a set time frame, but you are not tied to a specific classroom schedule or location for many of your courses.
Online courses provide a level of convenience by letting you choose when and where you participate in class.
Through Northeastern University’s online-based accelerated nursing program, you complete much of your nursing coursework using an intuitive e-Learning platform that allows you to:
- Listen to and read lecture material.
- Participate in simulated learning activities.
- Complete and/or upload course assignments.
- Interact with other students via a discussion forum.
- Join scheduled chat sessions with instructors.
- Stay organized via the calendar management function.
An online education is just as effective as learning in a traditional classroom. While there is no physical presence with online learning, there is still a high level of virtual interaction and collaboration through the learning management system.
Every student learns differently, making the online learning environment ideal. Because an online accelerated nursing education takes a less hierarchical approach to instruction, it works well for students who do not approach new information in a linear fashion.
Through aural and visual-based lectures, simulated learning modules and discussion forums, you are able to participate in several different types of learning activities, all designed to help you better retain course information. For example, you can watch simulations of how long-term hypertension impacts the body, a dynamic experience you simply cannot get from a standard textbook.
How Online Courses Benefit Different Learning Styles
- Visual learners benefit from images and graphical representations of information.
- Aural learners can listen to lectures as many times as necessary or replay critical portions.
- Tactile learners benefit from task-based simulations and 3-Dimensional graphics.
- Social learners can interact with others via a discussion forum.
Tips for Online Learning
While an online accelerated nursing education affords you a greater level of flexibility, it should be approached with the same dedication and self-discipline as a traditional on-campus program.
To help you successfully navigate our online nursing curriculum, we offer these tips:
- Connect with your instructors early and often to build rapport and understand expectations.
- Learn when your instructors have scheduled office hours, and prepare accordingly.
- Find out how quickly you can expect an email response from your instructors.
- Dedicate routine time blocks for online coursework so you stay on track.
- Leverage your online calendar to manage assignment deadlines, test dates and clinical hours.
Consistency is key to the successful completion of online coursework. You will need to develop a regular routine and find a comfortable, distraction-free location where you can study and stay focused on your education.
How Will This Online-Based ABSN Prepare Me for a Successful Career?
Our accredited ABSN program is not 100% online. It also comprises hands-on learning and clinical practice. Through this blended learning model, you can expect to graduate with the knowledge and skills needed to confidently sit for the NCLEX-RN exam, required for becoming a registered nurse.
Get Your Free ABSN Program Guide
Our ABSN program guide includes everything you need to know about the accelerated path to nursing.