Making the decision to go back to school to become a nurse is commendable. You’ve been accepted to nursing school – but what do you do now? Don’t make it more stressful than it has to be. These seven tips can help you navigate the demands of your nursing program.
- Keep in mind that your classmates are in the same boat. They’re just as nervous as you are; some just hide it better than others.
- Find an outlet to release your stress. Go to the gym, get a massage, plan a mini getaway. Schedule some “me” time and don’t feel guilty about it.
- Make friends with other nursing students. They’re the only ones who understand what you’re going through. Plus, they make great study buddies!
- Keep yourself healthy. Practice what you preach about living healthy lifestyles.
- Laugh at yourself. You’re not always going to know all of the answers or do everything perfect the first time. That’s okay.
- Use your time effectively. Keep your priorities top of mind. If you schedule time to study, make sure you’re actually studying.
- Sleep. As tempting as it may be, steer clear of the energy drinks, coffee and soda. They’re not a substitute for a good night’s sleep.
If you have other questions about nursing, please contact one of our counselors by calling 866.892.3819 or fill out our contact form.