Nursing isn’t for everyone. It takes a special person with a passion for people. Before entering nursing school, you’ll want to make sure it’s the right fit for your future. Take our quick quiz to help you determine if you’re nursing material.
…Self-motivated and goal-oriented?
…Calm and collected?
…Empathetic and understanding?
…Detail-oriented and attentive?
…Collaborative and engaged?
…Optimistic and confident?
…Caring and kind-hearted?
…Thrive in a fast-paced environment?
…Enjoy spending your workday surrounded by people?
…Typically put others before yourself?
…Effectively manage change and adapt quickly?
…Have an interest in science and medicine?
…Work well with a diverse team?
…Desire a job with high autonomy?
If you answered yes to most of the questions above, chances are you’d not only make a great nurse but you’d also be happy doing it. But there’s one last important question to ask yourself:
Why am I attracted to the nursing profession?
Your response will help you determine if you’re in it for the right reasons. Nursing is tough, but if you’re passionate about what you’re doing, you’ll be successful and satisfied.
Learn More About Nursing School and the Value of a Nursing Career
If you’re just getting started in your nursing research, here are some blog posts that can shed more light on the power of nursing:
Nursing Jobs and Career Planning
- 10 Key Nursing Facts from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Industry Profiles: 3 Types of Nursing Jobs
- 5 Nursing Careers in High Demand
- Top Resources for Career Planning
Hybrid Nursing Programs
- 3 Reasons to Consider a Direct Entry Nursing Program
- 4 Benefits of Attending an Accredited Nursing School
- Week in the Life of a Second-Degree Nursing Student [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Online versus Traditional Nursing Programs
- Q&A: Inside the Nursing Simulation Lab
- Online Guided Tour for the Accelerated Nursing Program
- 4 Questions to Ask in an Advising Appointment for Nursing School
Now that you’ve taken our self-assessment, are you ready to make a difference as a nurse? Contact us at 866.892.3819 or fill out this form to learn more about becoming a nurse through Northeastern’s Direct Entry Nursing Program.