Online Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) Program
Available as a part-time or full-time format, our Neonatal Nurse Practitioner program effectively blends online coursework with clinical practice at local hospitals. Prior to entering the programs, you must have at least two years of NICU experience. And, upon graduation, students are fully prepared to take the Neonatal Nurse Practitioner National Certification Exam.
The program builds upon your NICU experience by allowing you to:
- Learn advanced diagnostic reasoning.
- Experience independent management of patients and their families.
- Develop the skills required to properly care for infants and their families
- Achieve proficiency in delivery room management involving high-risk patients
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Curriculum
Our graduate-level Neonatal Nurse Practitioner program provides the knowledge and skills training you need to properly care for high-risk infants in Level II and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs).
|NRSG 7105 Translating Research Evidence into Practice||3|
|NRSG 7110 Evidence Based Practice Research Applications||2|
|NRSG 5121 Epidemiology and Community Health||3|
|NRSG 5118 Health Care Systems and Professional Development||3|
|NRSG 5126 Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice||3|
|NRSG 5117 Advanced Pharmacology||2|
|NRSG 6116 Advanced Health Assessment of the Neonate||3|
|NRSG 6232 Neonatal Pharmacology||2|
Theory & Clinical Courses
|NRSG 6230 Nursing Management Critically lll Neonatal l||3|
|NRSG 6231 Nursing Management Critically lll Neonatal ll||3|
|NRSG 6430 Neonatal Clinical Practicum l||4|
|NRSG 6431 Neonatal Clinical Practicum ll||4|
|NRSG 6432 Neonatal Clinical Practicum lll||2|
Total Credits Required for MS 41
Our Neonatal Nurse Practitioner program prepares you to care for premature and sick newborns in neonatal intensive care units, emergency rooms, delivery rooms or specialty clinics.
With program starts in January and September, the Northeastern Graduate Application is available online and includes a $75 application fee. Please visit our account setup page to create a username and password prior to completing the online application.
To enroll in the MS Neonatal NP program, you are required to:
- Have experience working as a registered nurse
- Have an active, unrestricted RN license
- Hold a BSN from an accredited institution
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have two years of NICU experience
- Complete the pathophysiology prerequisite course with a “B” grade or higher
- Complete the pharmacology prerequisite course with a “B” grade or higher
- Complete the statistics prerequisite course with a “B” grade or higher
Please send your official transcripts to:
Northeastern University – Admissions
5 Burlington Woods, Suite 205
Burlington, Massachusetts 01803
Contact us to learn more about the admission process for this program.